Saturday, January 7, 2017

Serving Others When I'm Sick

I am trying to trust you with my health. I am tempted to curl up in a ball and disconnect and pity myself and let others serve me.  Save me from such inward focus Lord.  

Completely trust me with your body son.  I know exactly what is wrong, exactly how to cure it, and exactly what I plan to do about it.  It is all for your spiritual growth that I am allowing this.  Learning how to serve others when all you feel like doing is curling up in a ball, this is the way of the cross and I have walked this path.  Abide in me son, you are not alone, just as Simon helped me carry my cross, so will I help you but even more for I am both within you and next to you.  Trust me in this.

I will Papa, I simply don't trust myself.  I am so good at self pity I fear I cannot put that aside.  Only by your power can I stay in a mode to serve others.  Only by Your presence and life flowing in and through me can I stay at peace with others and focus on being a blessing instead of receiving from them.  I especially am anxious for how my beloved will respond, I fear her harshness and am afraid she will simply despise me for being weak or sick and just see it as another manifestation of my self absorption.  I so desperately crave her praise and adoration.

That is her side of the street how she responds, and completely my business not yours.  You tend to your own soul and trust me with hers.

Good point.  Thank You Papa, yo te amo!! 

I love you too son, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap!!

Hahaha!!  A barrel and a heap and I'm talking in my sleep about you!!

Amen

______

[Bold print represents what Seb is sensing God whispering in the depths of his heart during his prayer time. Bold italic print represents what Seb is sensing a Saint whispering to his heart in prayer. NONE of this is to be taken as authoritative instruction for us all. Click here to learn more about what this type of two way prayer is and is not.]