Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Trusting God with Outcomes

10/11/16

Lord I pray for all my sponsees and friends in recovery that we can all learn together to connect with you and journal what we hear and share it with each other in a way that is mutually beneficial. Lord I am thankful that this is such an integral part of the program. I hope to find those pamphlets about how to connect with You and make them a part of our literature that we can set out on Saturday mornings. I had no idea this was such a central theme in all 12 step programs, but I do admit that I have heard A and others who have been in the program a long time talk about "doing a 10th step" on something which means connecting with one's higher power and journaling the connection for later reflection. I guess I was just to dense to see what that meant.

Lord I am nervous today that I won't pause enough to listen to your voice. I will start right now.

Son I am always with you, whispering loving and good things to you. Turn to me often today and realize I am right there with you, in you and working through you to the measure you allow it. Completely trust me with J, K, and all your friends in recovery. I am moving among them and love them more than you do. I am awakening in all of them a desire to truly connect with me and have that displace their need for lust. This is not your work, this is mine. You cannot force this to happen, it is a gift. You can suggest it, carry the message just like Pastor J suggested it to you. But you had to receive it and adopt it yourself. I know you desperately want them to experience what you are experiencing because it is giving you joy and healing your soul. You want that for others and that is good and generous and right. Giving it away is your primary task. Simply remember that in giving something away, you cannot control the outcomes. You mustn't try to control what people do with gifts you give. It must be left up to them to work that out with me. Completely trust me to work it out with them and them with me.

Lord I am so bad at trusting you with the outcomes of the gifts I give to others. I want to trust you Lord. And I realize that though my intentions are good that I often get in your way. I want to learn to give the gift and get out of the way and not take it personal when the gift is cast aside.

Yes son, consider it a seed planted and fully realize that many seeds are often required before one takes root and grows. That is a simple principle of growth and farming that truly applies to a human soul which is indeed like a garden. A little pruning here, a little fertilizing there, planting a seed here and watering it… but this is done by many hands and you must trust me to coordinate all this work. I alone see the big picture.

Yes Lord, I am starting to see. Thank you!

Sts. Photini, Lucy and Frederick, pray for me and all of us who cannot see and hear well at all.

Amen.