Friday, October 14, 2016

Reframe or Spiral Down

Fear has become toxic to me Lord. I no longer want to live in fear. Too much of my life has been swallowed up by the crippling cycle of fear > control > anger > resentment > bitterness > drug of choice > repeat. It is the way of death. You are life Lord. Trusting in Your life giving love and mercy, completely trusting You with child like faith, that is the key for me.

Yes son, trust me with every thought, person, place and situation… surrender them to my love and mercy, allow me to reframe your perspective moment by moment and guide you before you respond to it on your own strength and wisdom. Pause, look into my face, surrender, ignore the waves, focus, listen, completely trust me for I will never leave you nor forsake you, my love is stronger than death.

The same sun that melts the wax can harden clay and
The same rain that drowns the rat can grow the hay and
The mighty wind that knocks you down if you lean into it
Can blow your fears away.

See, reframing your perspective. Glass half empty or half full. Look for me working in the middle of pain and suffering especially, be the happy fool who embraces the cross and its suffering, laying down your life for others. Trust me son, I've been through it and I can lead you through it too. I know the way. Trust me to teach you how to think, what to say and what to do for your next action of love moment by moment.

I do trust you Lord, help me to trust you more and more, more continuously and more completely.

I will son.

Amen